Get To Know Us
- - Has been working IT for roughly 20 years
- - Has an extensive bourbon collection
- - Chicago Cubs fan
- - Parent to a Frenchie named Cooper
- I am originally from Pennsylvania
- I enjoy skiing even though it is only my second season
- Zion is my favorite National Park – a goal of mine is to visit all 63 National Parks in the US
- I am belay certified for Rock Climbing
- I have 2 cats named Maverick (tuxedo) and Keanu Reeves (editorial note: I love that cat name!)
- I love to laugh!
- My family has a love for golfing and everything sports.
- Cooking is my therapy; however, baking is not. 😝
- I am terrified of snakes.
- One of my favorite memories last summer was going paddle boarding in the middle of the night!
My name is Sid! I was born in Belleville, Illinois and raised in Rapid City, South Dakota! My family consists of my wonderful husband, our son, and our zoo of a home! We have 3 dogs, 2 cats, a bearded dragon and a fish tank. In our downtime, my husband and I love to do DIY projects, from making furniture, dog kennels, shirts and tumblers, to small home décor items! If you think it, we can make it! We have run a small business out of our shop for almost 4 years and we have loved every second of it. When I’m not focused on our business, I enjoy spending time with my family, being outdoors, playing video games, and crafting!
I was born in Northern Ohio and raised in Southwest Indiana. In 2020 my family and I visited the Black Hills and fell in love. By March 2021 we had moved here and settled into a 20 acre ranch in Whitewood directly across from Bear Butte, talk about some amazing sunrises! I have an amazing husband, Andy and five kiddos as well as fourteen goats, countless chickens, cats, dogs and a very special house chicken named Lucy. While I am working hard daily, my husband stays home with our kiddos and homeschools them. I enjoy being outside on the ranch, spending time with my children and working on remodeling the house. My favorite food is sushi. I am addicted to Starbucks, and cuddles from my favorite kitty named Livvy when I am unwinding after a long day.
Shon attended Stevens High School, then attended School of Mines and Technology and Black Hills State University. He has been serving members for over 26 years. He and his wife have 3 kids, two dogs, a bearded dragon, and a bird. He enjoys the outdoors, learning new things, and shenanigans.
Kris was born and raised on a ranch east of Rapid City that has been in her family for 4 generations. Her great grandfather was the first pharmacist in RC and was located where Who’s Hobby House is now. Kris has been married for 31 years. She has 4 (grown) kiddos, Andrew is a genetic counselor in Omaha, Kaz is our second son and is a software engineer in Minneapolis, and Jane is married and is an industrial engineer in Dallas. Her youngest, Sara, just graduated with her master’s in accounting and is sitting for the CPA exams. She also has a 14 year old pup named Boomer who is half papillon and half American eskimo, as well as 3 grand pets!
Hannah was born and raised in Rapid City but lived in the south for a few years before moving back home. She has an accounting background and is in her last year of schooling for Accounting & Finance degree. Hannah and her significant other, Jordan, have two dogs; both are long haired German Shepherds’ named Gunner and Walter.
Bethany Case, Universal Teller (Rapid City)
I’m from Nebraska! I came to South Dakota for college at Black Hills State University. My major is Tourism Hospitality and Management, and I already have my Associates in Business. I have one younger brother, who is way taller than me. I have a cat named Nacho, a hamster named Taco and another cat that lives with my parents in Nebraska named Gato! I love to go hiking whenever it’s nice out, I’m a huge nerd for video games and movies!
- Do you collect anything? Dust
- Most unusual pet: Dash – we both have bed head and attitudes upon waking
- First job I wanted as a kid: journalist
- Favorite meal: anything someone else has prepared
Dawn was raised in Billings, MT but moved to SE Montana where she met and married her husband 15 years ago. They have 2 kids together - Laci -14 and John -9, and Dawn has an older daughter named Emily (26) and a
3 year old grandson. They also have 2 furry Corgi boys named Duncan and Darby. In her spare time she loves going on bike rides and hiking and exploring in the beautiful Black Hills. She and her husband purchased a house in Belle Fourche last year and they have been enjoying making it their home. Congratulations to Dawn on her recent promotion to PFA!
Raysha Newell was raised in Sundance, WY, where she currently lives with her boyfriend and their 10 year old son, Justin. They added a corgi, "Huckleberry", to their family a little over a year ago. Raysha enjoys camping, fishing, and lake days as a family. She has always loved living in the Black Hills and her favorite time of year is the rally. She enjoys attending concerts at the rally. Her favorite past time is anything with her family and she enjoys getting everyone together and cooking enough food to feed an army. Per Raysha, "you definitely won’t go home hungry after hanging out at my house."
Sascha Schulze is our newest teller in Belle Fourche. She is married, and has two daughters and two grandchildren, as well as two pets. She has a German Wirehair dog named Timber and a cate named Binx. Sascha enjoy the outdoors and likes to hunt, fish, hike and bike. One of her favorite sayings is “Into the woods I go to lose my mind and find my soul!”
- All-time favorite meal: My mom’s homemade spaghetti sauce with penne pasta and homemade meatballs!
- The trip you most want to take, but haven’t yet: My fiancée and I want to go to Italy and Sweden to visit our relatives!
- Highlight of this past Spring/Summer: This past May my fiancée proposed to me! After about a month of deciding when the wedding should be we finally decided on September 24, 2022!
- Your most prized collection: I like collecting fridge magnets from the places I've traveled to. And I like taking pictures because I enjoy the memories.
- The first job you wanted when you were a little kid: I wanted to be a Killer Whale Trainer at Sea World
- What your last meal on Earth would be: My last meal on Earth would be a Roasted Potato Pizza, Coconut Shrimp with Wasabi Sauce, a Salad with Ginger Dressing and Tiramisu for dessert.
- The trip you most want to take, but haven’t yet: I want to go to Egypt.
- What your last meal on Earth would be. Steak/Velveeta Shells and Cheese
- The trip you most want to take, but haven’t yet. Florida fishing
- Your most unusual pet. I used to have an iguana. Current pet photo here. Meet Gunner.
- Your most prized collection: Thousands of books
- The first job you wanted when you were a little kid: Dancer
- A superstition you have. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have to put on my left sock/shoe first…
- Your biggest fear or phobia: Snakes
- Your most unusual pet. 3 crazy dogs
- A contest you have won. Multiple spelling contests.
- Your proudest atypical accomplishment: Designed and supervised building of the Rapid City branch and the Custer Branch.
- The first job you wanted when you were a little kid: To fly airplanes.
- The trip you most want to take, but haven’t yet: Panama Canal.
- Your favorite go-to quarantine adult beverage: Wyoming Whiskey (as seen on the Walt Longmire series on FX)
- A contest you have won: When I married my bride 44 years ago.
- Your proudest atypical accomplishment. My Cooking skills
- The first job you wanted when you were a little kid: A Hockey Player
- The trip you most want to take, but haven’t yet: Italy
- Your biggest fear or phobia: Glitter
- A contest you have won: Name that song played backwards on a radio station when I was 13.